Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy New Year from Constitution Tuesday!

I'm back from hiatus.  Christmas and New Years was fun.  For Christmas my husband bought me some cool American History/ Constitution study material. This is what I got:

I haven't started this book yet.  It will probably take me awhile.  It looks good.

I'm hoping to come up with a syllabus for Constitution Tuesday with this book and the book below:

I've told you about this book before.  It's a good read.

A nice easy 32 page read.


Did you hear that Congress is going to begin Opening Session by reading the Constitution on January 6th?  How cool is that?  From what I've read, it's the first time it's ever been read in a session of congress.  The goal is to "underscore the limited-government rules the Founders imposed on Congress and to try to bring some of those principles back into everyday legislating."  


For full article read this:  http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/dec/23/we-the-people-to-open-next-congress/

I think we should all read it this week, or at least some of it.

Sorry I don't have more lesson today.  I'm working on it.  I'm still recovering from Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment