Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Catechism on the Constitution

I wanted to share this cool little thing I found this week. Way back a long time ago they used to teach the Constitution to small children.  Not just teach it, but teach it well and kind of drill it.  This is a book published in 1828, written by Arthur Stansbury.  It's a question and answer guide to the Constitution.  Of course not all the material is still completely relevant because of Amendments and stuff, but it's a good course for children and adults to get introduced to the content of the Constitution.  I thought it was pretty cool.  It's called Elementary Catechism on the Constitution of the United States: For the use of schools.  Do you remember learning the Constitution in this much depth?  I don't.  I recommend reading it.  I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment